Our work begins with assisting in the assembly of the key finance team participants. With input from the finance team, Davenport develops an overall schedule of key finance activities. Depending on the type and approach of the desired financing, we pro-actively assist with obtaining and/or reaffirming Credit Ratings. Finally, as a part of the financing process, we assist with developing all relevant source documents, authorizing documentation and offering documents, amongst others.
We also provide a detailed road map of the financing process whether it is a direct bank loan, negotiated or competitive transaction or other alternative financing approach so that the ultimate financing is implemented as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Negotiated Sale Services
- Structure Underwriting Syndicate and priority of orders;
- Coordinate with Underwriter on proposed pricing schedule;
- Review Marketing Plan for Bonds;
- Develop pre-pricing materials;
- Monitor pre-pricing indications in conjunction with Davenport’s Fixed Income Desk;
- Monitor progression of orders on day of pricing; and
- Negotiate pricing adjustments as necessary.
Competitive Sale Services
- Coordinate with Davenport’s Fixed Income Desk to structure the bid parameters;
- Run sensitivity analyses on the proposed structure;
- Monitor bidder registration in order to maximize participation in the bond sale;
- Analyze bids received to ensure accuracy;
- Resize bond transaction;
- Coordinate logistics with winning bidder; and
- Prepare final numbers.
Direct Bank Loan Services
- Develop RFP with requested terms and conditions;
- Distribute RFP to local, regional and national banks;
- Contact potential bidders and assist with information needs to evaluate the RFP;
- Prepare a summary analysis and comparison of proposals;
- Negotiate terms and conditions with the selected bank; and
- Coordinate all financing schedules and documents for closing.