Davenport & Company is one of the oldest employee-owned financial firms in the United States, which has thrived on a spirit of continuous improvement since 1863. Over the years Davenport has continuously attracted talented professionals of integrity with a wide range of experience and expertise who serve a broad base of individuals and families as well as municipalities, foundations, and institutions.
We are proud to foster a culture that has led us to be recognized as a best place to work year after year, and we’re always seeking competent, energetic individuals who share our passion for providing a high level of service that enhances the well-being of our clients, communities, and colleagues.
Davenport & Company LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Benefitting … TOGETHER
Our commitment to you is a meaningful partnership and thoughtfully crafted benefits package, some of the highlights which include:
Financial Future and Stability
- Our motto of Building Wealth Together not only applies to our clients, but also to our associates. Our retirement plan provides annual contributions of as much as 10% of eligible wages, without you contributing a penny.
- Free financial advice, with low or waived Advisor fees for personal accounts
- As an employee-owned firm, opportunity for equity ownership at certain levels
- An on-site Health Center for employees and household members, with free or minimal-cost services
- Choice in healthcare coverage with company HSA contributions
- Telehealth services for medical, psychological, and psychiatric care
Well-Being and Work/Life Integration
- Generous paid time off policy with no waiting period to use time
- Free Employee Assistance Program and other support services
- Disability and life insurance; maternity and paternity leave
- Schedule flexibility and early close every Friday
- Relaxed business dress code with business casual Fridays
Community and Corporate Responsibility
- Opportunities for involvement in volunteer efforts and giving back to the community through Davenport Shares.
Respecting … TOGETHER
Davenport is committed to developing a workplace that includes associates of diverse backgrounds in order to utilize their experiences and talents to achieve our business goals. Davenport believes that an environment rich in associates with varying experiences and backgrounds enhances the performance of our organization. While our journey is far from complete, Davenport is actively researching and developing new ways to support and enhance our formal DEI initiative.
Davenport shows its commitment to a diverse workplace by:
We foster an inclusive workplace culture without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran’s status, pregnancy or childbirth related medical conditions, or any other non-merit fact.
Offering Equal Opportunities
We treat all applicants and employee associates equally which begins with recruitment and selection, and applies to compensation and benefits, professional development and training, transfers, social and volunteer programs and events, layoffs, and terminations.
Being an Industry Advocate
Davenport is a member of SIFMA’s Diversity & Inclusion Advisory Council, as well as a participant in the SIFMA Invest! program, which connects students at historically black colleges and universities and minority-serving institutions to career opportunities across capital markets.
Growing … TOGETHER
Teaching the Next Generation
Davenport is a founding job-partner for the Cristo Rey Richmond High School by providing industry exposure, tuition and work experience to high school students from underserved communities. We are also an active partner to Junior Achievement of Central Virginia (JA) and support the educational programs offered through this organization.
Mentoring Young Professionals
Our paid Summer Internship Program offers opportunities for diverse students to gain work experience and exposure to our industry as a consideration for future careers.
Giving Back … TOGETHER
“Davenport Shares” is an employee-led philanthropic initiative focusing on monetary contributions and volunteer efforts to charitable 501(c)3 organizations in our local communities such as Big Brothers Big Sisters, Bikes for Kids, school supply drives, local food banks, and others.