Employee owned and headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, with offices throughout the mid-Atlantic, Davenport & Company offers a range of wealth management and financial advisory services, including traditional stock and bond brokerage, professional money management, financial and retirement planning, market research, insurance, and public finance.
Since Davenport’s founding in 1863, the relationships we have with our clients have remained our most valuable asset. We strive to strengthen those relationships by delivering value and serving clients in a manner worthy of their trust.
We’ve seen a lot of change over the past 160 years. We’ve witnessed decades of market fluctuation including several major declines. We’ve watched competitors and trends come and go. We’ve seen our industry revolutionized by technology. Through it all, one thing has remained constant: our core values. These values have not only grown our firm, they’ve helped us grow the trust you place in us. Every day, more than 450 Davenport associates—including more than 200 financial advisors—make positive impacts on the lives of thousands of clients by offering expert financial advice that embodies the golden rule.
Davenport & Company has been nationally recognized for its leadership and industry contributions, and for several years has been named one of the “Best Places to Work in Virginia” by Virginia Business magazine; “Best Employers in North Carolina” by Business North Carolina magazine; a “Top Workplace” by Richmond Times Dispatch; “Best of Virginia” by Virginia Living magazine; and in Coastal Virginia magazine’s “Best of: Readers’ Choice Awards.”
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI)
Davenport is committed to developing a workplace that includes associates of diverse backgrounds in order to utilize their experiences and talents to achieve our business goals. Davenport believes that an environment rich in associates with varying experiences and backgrounds enhances the performance of our organization. While our journey is far from complete, Davenport is actively researching and developing new ways to support and enhance our formal DEI initiative.
Davenport is Committed to a Diverse Workplace by…
- Being Inclusive – We foster an inclusive workplace culture without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran’s status, pregnancy or childbirth related medical conditions, or any other non-merit fact.
- Offering Equal Opportunities – We treat all applicants and employee associates equally which begins with recruitment and selection, and applies to compensation and benefits, professional development and training, transfers, social and volunteer programs and events, layoffs, and terminations.
- Being an Industry Advocate – Davenport is a member of SIFMA’s Diversity & Inclusion Advisory Council, as well as a participant in the SIFMA Invest! program, which connects students at historically black colleges and universities and minority-serving institutions to career opportunities across capital markets.
- Teaching the Next Generation – Davenport is a founding job-partner for the Richmond Cristo Rey School by providing industry exposure, tuition and work experience to high school students from underserved communities.
- Mentoring Young Professionals – Our paid Summer Internship Program offers opportunities for minority students to gain work experience and exposure to our industry as a consideration for future careers.
- Giving Back to Our Communities – “Davenport Shares” is an employee-led philanthropic initiative focusing on monetary contributions and volunteer efforts to charitable 501(c)3 organizations in our local communities such as Junior Achievement (JA), Big Brothers Big Sisters, Bikes for Kids, school supply drives, local food banks, and others.