The Davenport Insider Buying Fund emphasizes opportunistic purchases in fundamentally strong companies where senior management and board members are buying company stock.
DBUYX co-managers, Adam Bergman, CFA, and Kevin Bennett, CFA, introduce the Fund and explain why insider buying is a compelling strategy.
- Long-term growth of capital
- Only investing in stocks with insider buying
- Concentrated approach: focus on high conviction ideas
- Opportunistic entry points: ability to purchase shares within 5% of the price the insiders paid
- Position sizes typically start in the 2-3% range
- Low portfolio turnover
- Broad sector diversification
- The Fund typically owns 30-40 positions
- All Cap, but lean Large/Mid
- Tend to avoid significant balance sheet or business risk
- Rigorous research enables greater depth of knowledge of companies we follow and own
- Only own companies with insider buying
Investors should consider the Fund’s investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses carefully before investing. The Fund’s prospectus contains this and other important information, should be read carefully before investing or sending money, and may be obtained from your Financial Advisor, https://www.investdavenport.com/, or by calling (888) 285-1863.
Distributed by Ultimus Fund Distributors, LLC
Risk Considerations: The fund may not achieve its objective and/or you could lose money on your investment in the fund. Stock markets and investments in individual stocks are volatile and can decline significantly in response to market, foreign securities, small company, exchange traded fund, investment style and management risks. Small and mid cap company stocks may be more volatile than stocks of larger, more established companies. Please see the prospectus for further information on these and other risk considerations.