I believe that multiple approaches are effective in identifying attractive investment opportunities:
- Your account will be invested in securities that I think will be good investments based on a fundamental, macro and/or technical analysis of the company or security. This fundamental analysis seeks to identify companies that demonstrate strong growth potential, have strong and focused management, solid balance sheets, and a history of proven results.
- I may utilize a macro analysis to find investments likely to benefit from broad macro trends in the economy and financial markets.
- I will employ a technical analysis of past market activity to uncover investment opportunities generated by imbalances in the supply and demand for a security.
- I will frequently – though not exclusively – utilize Davenport’s Research and Asset Management departments to help identify investments for your account.
- Lastly, I will attempt to manage risk in your account through diversification among individual securities and major market sectors, but may overweight a security or sector if I think it has a strong conviction about its potential for superior returns.
- Diversification and asset allocation does not ensure a profit or guarantee protection against a loss.
Diversification and asset allocation does not ensure a profit or guarantee protection against a loss.