Location: Richmond, VA
JOB SUMMARYThe Staff Accountant reports to the Controller and works with all members of the Accounting department and will have responsibilities in all areas of financial analysis, general ledger maintenance, accounting practices, accounts payable, and payroll for Davenport & Company. The Staff Accountant provides accounting support and information for managers, staff, and Accounting employees.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Involvement with month-end closing process
- Assist in the preparation and processing of accounts payable invoices and payments ensuring that payments are accurate and in accordance with the company’s established payment terms
- Assist with maintenance of the general ledger
- Support all financial audits and examinations
- Assist in preparation of the balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position
- Participate in developing accounting controls and risk management strategies
- Resolve requests in a timely manner, demonstrating a high level of commitment to meeting requirements within the provided guidelines
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned by the Controller or Chief Financial Officer
- Cross train in Payroll
- Knowledgeable of current industry standards and strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team setting with a diverse group of employees, managers, and outside parties
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines despite frequent interruptions
- Intermediate to advanced level computer skills in a Windows environment, using Microsoft Excel and Word. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics / Solomon is a plus
- Working knowledge of GAAP, accrual-based accounting financial statement preparation, and fixed asset accounting is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience is preferred
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a retirement plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, and disability & life insurance.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS for Qualified Applicants
Submit your resume and cover letter by using the 'apply' button located on this page.
Davenport & Company LLC provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.