Location: Richmond, VA
JOB SUMMARY and RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this entry-level non-exempt position are transaction and account processing for domestic and foreign dividends and interest. This includes retaining records of income paid, verifying security ownership on record date, and researching and resolving exceptions in both operational and customer accounts, while applying knowledge of policies and procedures concerning payment of dividends and interest. To be successful, this candidate must thrive on processing and problem-solving tasks. Work assigned may be outside of the Securities Services Department once trained on the primary responsibilities.
This position is considered essential personnel. This candidate should expect to work when the Stock Exchanges are open, including but not limited to, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and other days where the market closes early. This candidate may be required to work the entire business day in order to fulfill daily operational processing requirements. This position also requires candidates be aware and available for all peak processing dates for this desk (1st, 15th and the last business day of the month) and plan their schedules accordingly to ensure adequate coverage in the event they have a need for time-off during the peak periods.
- Ability to learn and monitor changes in industry and firm-defined rules and regulations regarding all aspects of the Securities Services area. Candidate must take immediate action with respect to any changes to incorporate them into current job responsibilities without delay
- Must be proactive to identify and communicate significant information to a Supervisor and work with members of Operations Management as needed
- Character of strong commitment as it relates to specific job responsibilities, the department and firm
- Flexibility to assist in other areas of Operations as needed and willingness to participate in changes to assigned duties, requirements or roles
- Consistency in work performance and strong attention detail. Results should be error-free, logical and presentable
- Effectively think and act in support of the customer, provide timely response and resolution of customer problems, and have an understanding of all downstream impacts that may affect customer accounts, including the departmental and firm impacts of inaccurate processing
Other qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- College courses and/or equivalent job experience that evidences a strong interest and success in research and reconciliation, using both mathematical and analytical skills
- Must use good judgment to accomplish goals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Interaction with internal and external clients is required
- Solid organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Capability to learn rapidly
- Ability to respond quickly to new instructions, situations, methods and procedures
- Work independently with little to no supervision, once fully trained
- Carry out all required tasks at fully satisfactory levels while meeting the requirements and expectations of the job
- Maintain an organized desk so that tasks and related action items will be easily identifiable and keep all desk polices up-to-date
- Continue to acquire and display job knowledge necessary to perform the duties essential to the position
- Be proactive and not reactive in all aspects of the daily job functions. Identify the issue at hand, take prompt action, and notify the Supervisor as needed
- Strive for maximum team performance
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a retirement plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, and disability & life insurance.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR QUALIFIED APPLICANTS
Submit your resume and cover letter by using the 'Apply' button located on this page.
Davenport & Company LLC provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.